The RFID transponder (or Tag RFID) is part of the active transponders. It is particularly recommended for mass event (running, mountain bike, cycling) when it is difficult to retrieve transponders after the event.
The Tag RFID can be glued directly on the bib or on the bike. On the human body, metal or carbon, the Tag RFID must be removed as far as possible to ensure reliable detection.
RFID transponders are used for detection only, it is not possible to have accurate timing.
- Emission : radio waves
- Maximum speed, 1 antenna : 180 km/h (111 mph)
- Maximum speed, 4 antennas : 60 km/h (37 mph)
- Maximum distance of detection : 8 m (26 ft)
- Temperature range : -20 to 70 °C (-4 to 158 °F)
- Dimensions : 100 x 30 x 3 mm (3.9 x 1.2 x 0.1 in)
- Weight : 3 g (0.1 oz)
- Self-powered by antenna
- Autonomy : last a lifetime (depending on the wear and tear)